top of page

Retirement Options for Foreigners in Bali

Updated: Jul 24, 2023

If you're considering retiring to Bali as a foreigner, it's important to understand the available options.

While the retirement visa and KITAS application process have been discontinued, there are still ways to retire in Bali. This article highlights two viable options: changing your status from a B211A visa to a retirement visa and applying for a second home visa.

Option 1: Changing Status from B211A Visa to Retirement KITAS

To retire in Bali, you can enter with a B211A visa, which allows a 60-day stay, and then change your status to a retirement KITAS. To qualify, you must have a monthly income of at least Rp15 million (approximately US$1,000) and health insurance coverage for your stay in Indonesia. It's important to consult with the experts to ensure you meet all the requirements and follow the correct process. Our team can provide you personalized guidance and support to help you to navigate the necessary procedures.

Option 2: Second Home Visa

Another option is to apply for a second home visa, which offers a non-work visa for foreigners residing permanently in Indonesia. This visa is valid for five years and can be renewed. To qualify, you must own property in Bali or deposit a minimum of 2 billion rupiah in a local bank. It's crucial to consult with legal experts to understand the specific requirements and procedures for obtaining a second home visa.

Steps to Apply for a Second Home Visa:

1. Find a property in Bali that meets the requirements. 2. Make an offer on the property and negotiate the price, with a minimum requirement of 5 billion rupiah. 3. Sign a purchase agreement and pay the deposit. 4. Transfer the property title to your name, or skip steps 1-4 and deposit 2 billion rupiahs in a local bank. 5. Apply for a second home visa with the required investment. 6. Allow a few weeks for the application to be processed by the immigration authorities. 7. If approved, you will receive a second home visa, valid for five years and renewable.

Family Members/Followers

Family members of foreign nationals can also apply for a second home visa. However, they need not need to provide proof of funds (ownership of funds) of 2 billion rupiah. Eligible family members include spouses, children, and parents of the applicant. Please note that the information provided is for general guidance only. It's crucial to consult with immigration lawyers or legal experts to ensure you understand the specific requirements and procedures for retiring in Bali.

Please feel free to consult with us at Vidhi Law Office in collaboration with PT. ABM for personalized guidance on retiring in Bali. Our experienced team can provide expert advice and assistance to help you navigate the retirement options available and ensure a smooth process.

Contact us today to learn more about how we can support you in making informed decisions for your retirement in Bali.

40 views0 comments


bottom of page